Reporting Animal Abuse and Neglect

If you suspect animal abuse or neglect, please report it to Douglas County Animal Control right away! Please call: (541) 440-4471.

For more information on this topic, please see the link below:

Reporting Animal Cruelty

Facebook Image





Raphael is ready to put his skills to work for you! Raphael is one of several cats looking for homes through our Working Cat Program. This program is for cats who are not looking to be house pets, but would love to help provide you with rodent control for your barn, shop or vineyard. Can you provide a warm, safe shelter like a barn or shop to keep the cat protected from the elements, along with daily food and clean water? Cats can't live on mice alone! You can give Raphael or another working cat a second chance for the life they’re suited to live. They may not reward you with affectionate purrs, but you’ll have the reward of knowing you saved a life! Learn more and apply for a Working Cat here.

Looking for a specific type of pet? Want to receive an email alert when matching pets become available? Check out!

Thinking of surrendering your pet? Get your questions answered on our Surrendering a Pet page. And try re-homing your pet to a new family without the shelter! Great advice to walk you through the process, plus your pet's profile will be included in listings!