Our New Facility
We've moved into our new facility! After long, long years of planning, fundraising, and redesigning, followed by a year of construction, Saving Grace’s animals have moved into their new quarters!
Thanks to the generosity of our community, the animals now have a healthier, less stressful environment. The new 13,000 square foot facility was built on the current property. This new building, using modern shelter design, features:
- Kennels designed to minimize stress, barking and the spread of kennel cough & disease.
- Indoor/outdoor runs for all adult dogs.
- Cats housed in cat "condos," a more home-like group setting, rather than small cages
- Special rooms within the main building for puppies and kittens whose immune systems are still developing.
- Special room for small animals like rabbits and guinea pigs, who are so prone to stress.
- Separate spaces within the intake reception area for dogs and cats to make this transition less stressful to already frightened animals.
- Welcoming environment for people to come meet our animals.
- Private “Get Acquainted” rooms for families to interact with an adoptable pet outside the busy kennels.
- Pleasant working conditions to attract and retain volunteers to assist with animal care.
- A more spacious and ergonomically correct dish washing room and a laundry room with two sets of washers and dryers to make these daunting tasks easier.
- A built-in grooming bathtub will make it easier to bathe dogs and allow them to look and feel their best.
- A multi-purpose room will give us space for volunteer orientations, meetings, dog training classes and educational classes for youth.
Our goal is to increase the number of pets adopted to loving, permanent homes. To each and every person who has given of their time, talent and treasure to make the dream of a new building a reality: thank you! Your generosity will make a big difference in the lives of all the animals who will come for help, far into the future.